Who does not love a tall height? Everyone adores a person who stands out in the crowd. Height is one of the factors that adds grace to your appearance. But not everyone has a 6 feet frame. This forces many to consume products that promise a good height within a month. We know how that turns out, right?
What if we said there is a more natural and holistic way for you to increase your height? What if you did not have to take all those medications and supplements? Yes! There is a way for you to add inches to your height – Yoga.
How Can Yoga Add Inches to My Height?
The Human Growth Hormone (HGH) plays a vital role in increasing your height. Yoga helps fasten this process with ease.
That said, given below is what makes yoga for height an excellent option for you.
Regulates Growth Hormone
Stress leads to wasting away your growth hormones. Daily yoga practice help you develop a healthy brain. This leads to the normal production of growth-related hormones. Yoga poses keep stress away. These also contribute to a balanced production of growth hormones in your body.
The circulatory system is the primary medium for transporting growth hormones in your body. The yoga for height also helps maintain a proper blood flow. This helps the growth hormones travel to the liver without any hassle. It ensures your body receives all the necessary nutrients for height growth.
Stimulates Bone Growth
Many yoga stretches and twists encourage the growth of new bone cells. Holding these yoga stretches and twists stimulates the growth of healthy bone cells. This is an essential component for height growth.
Keeps Liver Healthy
There is some yoga for height asanas that give your liver a gentle squeeze. This is vital for proper insulin-like growth hormone production. Your liver produces a protein that binds with the cells in your bones and increases your height.
You have to practice the right yoga asanas to get these benefits. Yoga experts have come up with a few recommendations.
Yoga Poses for Height Growth
Given below are 3 yoga poses that can help add inches to your height.
It is a deep backbend yoga exercise that fills your entire being with energy and strength.
Steps to Practice
- Lie down on your back and keep both feet flat on the floor. Keep both feet hip-width apart.
- Your fingertips should lightly touch the heels. Keep both toes pointing straight forward.
- Place your palms flat on the floor and close your ears. Keep the fingertips pointing towards your shoulders.
- Spread your fingers wide on the mat. Keep your heels down.
- Inhale. Press down with your heels and hands.
- Lift your hips up. Keep the upper portion of your head on the mat.
- Readjust your hands and feet if need be. Keep the foundation strong and keep both elbows close to each other.
- Push your hands down on the mat. Lift your head off the mat.
- Lift your hips. Relax your head. Press your heels and hands into the mat.
- Straighten your arms.
- Hold this position for 5 deep breaths.
This yoga exercise resembles a cobra arching itself upwards. Cobra pose is a good alternative if you want to practice gentle Vinyasa flow. You can learn this yoga pose under the guidance of yoga experts at a yoga retreat in Rishikesh.
Steps to Practice Cobra Pose
- Lie down with belly down and forehead touching the mat.
- Place both palms down on the mat in the same line with your ribcage.
- Spread your fingers wide and press both palms down.
- Engage your legs and lift the kneecap off the mat.
- Press the top of your feet on the floor.
- Inhale. Lift your chest and head off the floor.
- Engage your core. Take your elbows closer to your ribcage.
- Lift your chest a little higher. Roll your shoulders back and down.
- Relax your shoulders.
- Look straight in the front. Keep your chin on a level.
- Focus on lifting your heart up.
- Stay in the pose for 5 breaths.
As the name suggests, you stand like an actual tree in the Tree pose. It is an excellent standing and balancing yoga exercise that keeps you grounded and open.
Steps to Practice
- Start in the Mountain pose with feet flat on the floor. Engage your legs. Keep both arms alongside your body.
- Shift your weight to your right foot. Lift your left foot off the floor.
- Come onto the one-legged Mountain pose with the left leg at a 90-degree angle. Stabilize your right leg.
- Place your left hand on the left knee. Open knee towards the left side of the room.
- Place the left sole of your foot to your right thigh, calf, or ankle. Your foot should not be directly on the knee joint but above or below it.
- Balance your left leg by lifting the kneecap up. Engage your thigh muscle. Press your right big toe and heel down on the mat.
- Push the left foot into your right leg. Push your right leg into your left foot.
- Place both palms together. Bring your thumbs to the centre of your chest.
- Roll your shoulders up, back, and down.
- Look at your fingertips or straight in front.
- Hold this pose for 5 deep breaths. Relax.
- Repeat on the left side.
Want to add inches to your height? Join a certified yoga school in India and practice the best yoga for height exercises under the guidance of experienced yoga teachers.